Black Pencil Project supports Step Juan - a walking expedition done by one man Tomas Leonor. The idea is to walk from Pagudpod (northern part of Luzon) to Sorsogon (southern part of Luzon) without any means of vehicular assistance and to do this for several weeks, straight, stopping only for food and rest. His walk will cover around 1,294 kilometers of long highways and pass 33 major cities and 150 towns. The backbone and foundation for this idea is to raise funds for the cancer children under the Cancer Warriors Foundation.
Step Juan will start January 11, 2010.
This is a project that starts with a dream of one man that will hopefully end with a selfless goal of helping cure children under the Cancer Warriors Treatment Program.
“It’s no brainer that we are likely to extend support to Step Juan, knowing its a noble concept and we belong within the same circle of outdoor enthusiasts”, says Edwin Karganilla, a seasoned mountaineer and co-founder of Black Pencil Project.
“We thought of drum-beating Tomas walking expedition by matching ten (10) black pencils (Jumbo pencils) for every kilometer that he will walk during the entire journey to give it to his preferred beneficiary. We hope to raise 12,940 pencils or more by the time Tomas reaches Sorsogon”, Karganilla added.
How You Can Show Support
Donate a pencil!
1. In-kind donations maybe brought to any of the following drop-off points: c/o Mon Corpuz 9M The Columns Ayala Avenue Tower 1 Ayala Avenue cor. Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue Bel-air, Makati City
c/o Mon Corpuz Rush Hour Creative Solutions 2B, FC Building, 290 Tomas Morato Avenue Quezon City
2. Cash Donations Should you wish to make a Cash Donation, please choose any of the following donation facilities.
Calling all Filipino photographers! Help document the walking expedition of Step Juan as they reaches 33 cities and 150 towns from Pagudpod to Sorsogon in the coming weeks. Check www.stepjuan.com for expedition updates and GPS coordinates.
Never think you are nothing. Never cry at night for not being pretty enough. And never tell yourself you'll never be good enough because to someone out there, you're everything. And somebody else probably thinks the world of you. You may not know who they are, but they do exist. So don't ever think that way about yourself.
2. When you used to ask me to play songs on guitar.
3. When we sing together.
4. Your big, brown puppy eyes. And how the sun hits them and makes them look honey colored.
5. The crinkles in your nose you get when you smile really hard.
6. Your ears. How they curve, how they’re so sensitive.
7. How you laugh at things even when you’re the only one who thinks it’s funny.
8. How you used to yell at me for leaving my cigarette butts in the sink.
9. Your voice. Childlike and completely adorable. Never harsh or uninviting. I can listen to you talk and be completely enthralled by every word.
10. Though it can be irritating, I love how we bicker.
11. And how you always win. [Because I always let you ;D]
12. Your hands.
13. How you horseplay with me, and how you always kick my ass.
14. When you tell me you love me.
15. When you tell me you miss me.
16. How you walk.
17. How you whisper.
18. The way you pout and stare at me until I can’t help but smile.
19. The way you hug me.
20. Your confidence.
21. Your ability to make friends easily.
22. The way you keep your cool in rough situations.
23. How you’re never awkward.
24. How you know how to calm me down when my nerves get the best of me.
25. Your love of animals.
26. How your skin feels.
27. The bows you always wear.
28. Your curves. Never, ever, say you’re “fat”. Your body is beautiful.
29. Your teeth.
30. How you’re always cold. Cause I love keeping you warm.
31. Whenever you used to call me just to say Hi.
32. The way you do your makeup.
33. The way you smell after you shower.
34. When you laugh at me, even if what I did was unintentional.
35. How you look in black.
36. Your sense of adventure.
37. Your goofiness.
38. How naturally good you are with children.
39. How level headed you are.
40. Your bubbly personality.
41. How you’re happy for me when I come to you with good news.
42. Driving in your car with you. I always feel safe and carefree.
43. How you thought eating bananas and strawberries would make me proud.
44. The crazy way you dance.
45. The way we tease each other.
46. How any Mayday Parade song makes me think of you.
47. Our conversations. Especially when they effortlessly flow.
48. Your Hello Kitty obsession.
49. The funny faces you make.
50. Your ability to be comfortable with yourself.
51. The way you stick out your chewed up food when you eat.
52. How we always work as a team, in anything we do.
53. Your tattoos.
54. How soft your hair is.
55. How nurturing you are.
56. How you go on my Facebook when I’m not looking.
57. How you caught on to Owl City songs and sang them with me.
58. How you motivate me to be a better person, and to do what I know is right.
59. How you can make me smile pretty much every second I’m with you.
60. The little freckles all over your face and neck.
61. How we always wind up talking for each other.
62. Your accent, the way you say certain words.
63. How you listen to me when I talk.
64. The way you used to leave my shower still smelling like you, even if you hadn’t showered that day.
65. How you always ended up with more blanket than me when we woke up in the morning.
66. How your pillow looked next to mine. You could definitely tell which pillow belonged.
67. Your penny bottle idea. I still have it. Still filling it up.
68. How you look when you read.
69. The little sounds you make when you’re tired or sleeping.
70. The simple fact that we shared a bed. Sometimes just sleeping next to someone can be more intimate than anything else.
71. Your bedtime routine. And how even in your pajamas and glasses and no makeup, you’re still so damn cute.
72. How you look when you drive.
73. How you know more about me than friends I’ve had for years. And despite some of the things I’ve told you, you’ve never judged me.
74. The way you picked me up off my feet again when you moved in with me. I was alone, bored, and sad a lot of the time, and once you came I got my happiness and confidence back.
75. The way you held my hand in public, those very few times.
76. The way you used to bug me about my cologne.
77. The way you bug me about wearing boxers.
78. The way you, and only you, can melt the hard shell around my heart.
79. The way you make those moments where we do absolutely nothing interesting.
80. How you have stayed up with me, even when you were exhausted, to help me through bad panic attacks.
81. How you look when you’re tired. It makes me want to comfort you and tuck you in and make sure you fall asleep before I do.
82. How you alwayssss typeee like thissss!!!!!!! If anyone else did it, I would find it annoying.
83. The way you shout.
84. The way you tell stories.
85. How you support me in anything I try to do.
86. How reading your old texts always makes me smile without even realizing it.
87. How others have said my eyes light up when I see you, or even when I talk about you.
88. How just by walking into a room, you make my heart feel funny.
89. All the secrets we’ve shared.
90. How your love of zebra print compliments my love of leopard print.
91. How carefree you are.
92. Your willingness to try new things.
93. How you made sure my cuts, my piercings, and tattoos were all healing right.
94. How you watched my favorite TV shows with me, even though you probably didn’t like them very much.
95. How you look at work.
96. The way you make me proud to be your friend. I want to show you off to everyone else.
97. How you made me motivated enough to sit and write this whole thing out.
98. Most importantly, how you make me feel. Whenever I’m around you I feel so valued and loved. I feel at home. I feel like I can be myself and let my walls down. You’ve created a space for me to be comfortable. For this, I love you so much. You’re an amazing, wonderful girl, and anyone who doesn’t see that is completely blind. You’ll always be something so priceless to me.
99. The way you’re completely oblivious to all of these.
My boyfriend is six feet tall. I am five foot three inches. One day, he crouched down to meet me at eye level and said “Oh, it’s awful scary down here.” He straightened up and asked, “Is it weird to have to look up to talk to people?”. I replied, “No, is it weird to look down to talk to people?”. He answered, ” I never look ‘down’ at you when I talk to you. I look at your face. I only look down if I am going to kiss you, like this.”